During this COVID-19 pandemic, Colorado is experiencing a blood shortage.
Blood donation is safe, it's fast and it's the easiest way we know to actually save a life.
One in seven people entering the hospital will need blood. You can save the lives of up to three people each time you give blood. Blood donation costs you nothing but your time, and only takes an hour or less!
How your blood donation helps
Our doctors use blood donations for patients undergoing treatments such as:
- Cancer therapy
- Emergency surgery
- Many other medical treatments
Depending on where you give, you may be able to give whole blood, in addition to platelets and plasma.
Blood is always needed
People think of donating blood when there’s an accident or emergency, but all communities need donors all the time. That's because volunteer donors are our only source of blood. And since donated blood only lasts 42 days, we need a constant supply to be sure we're ready when you, your child or your neighbor needs it.
Blood donation is safe and simple
We’ll ask a series of questions to determine if you’re eligible to give blood. From there, a trained phlebotomist (a professional who specializes in drawing blood from patients) will get you started. Your blood donation can mean the difference between life and death for someone in need.
Learn more about blood donation.
To give blood
- Good Samaritan Medical Center – Lafayette, CO: For blood donation in Colorado, visit www.bonfils.org.
- Lutheran Medical Center – Wheat Ridge, CO: For blood donation in Colorado, visit www.bonfils.org.
- Platte Valley Medical Center – Brighton, CO: For blood donation in Colorado, visit www.bonfils.org.
- Saint Joseph Hospital – Denver, CO: For blood donation in Colorado, visit www.bonfils.org.
- St. Mary’s Medical Center – Grant Junction, CO: Visit St. Mary’s Regional Blood Center in the Advanced Medicine Pavilion, 750 Wellington Ave., Entrance 22, Second Floor. Call 970-298-2555 for the Blood Center or the Bloodmobile schedule.
- Holy Rosary Healthcare – Miles City, MT: Throughout the year, the hospital hosts the Miles City Community blood drive with United Blood Services. Visit www.bloodhero.com or call 406-234-5415.
- St. James Healthcare – Butte, MT: Visit www.bloodhero.com or call the Butte Donor Center at 877-827-4376.
- St. Vincent Healthcare – Billings, MT: Visit www.bloodhero.com or call the Billings Donor Center at 877-827-4376.