Help support your local community hospital.
Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another. - Erma Bombeck
Volunteers make our hospitals and communities a little brighter for everyone. If you can spare some time to help others, we have a place for you! Our hospitals welcome new volunteers and work to match each person’s talents and interests to the activities best suited to them.
Volunteer in your local hospital
When you volunteer, you play an important role in the lives of our patients and staff members.
Whether you run a gift shop, greet patients and visitors or help in clinical or administrative areas, you contribute to our mission to reveal God’s healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Hospital volunteer positions
Each hospital’s volunteer needs vary, but positions may include:
- Working in the gift shop or welcome desk
- Serving as a patient or family escort
- Providing comfort to families in waiting rooms or visiting patients
- Assisting with pet therapy
- Helping in the ER, physical therapy or oncology
- Serving as a foster grandparent
- Tutoring special needs children
Check with your local hospital to see what volunteer opportunities are available.
Benefits of volunteering
Why volunteer? Let us count the ways:
- Make a difference to others, and be blessed yourself.
- Meet generous, friendly like-minded people while serving a collective purpose.
- Give back to your community through service to others.
- Contribute to the SCL Health mission to reveal and foster God’s healing love.
- Develop professional skills and gain valuable healthcare experience that can help you when applying for jobs, scholarships and college programs.
- Gain a better view of the relationship between the patient, healthcare providers and the community.
Before you volunteer
Before you can put on that volunteer vest and proudly wear that volunteer badge, there are a few steps you’ll need to take, including:
- An interview with a volunteer services leader
- A background check
- Proof of vaccinations
- Possibly a tuberculosis test, flu shot and other requirements to serve in a healthcare setting
Ready to learn more or apply?
Select your local hospital and contact Volunteer Services for more information:
- Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lafayette, Colorado – call 303-689-5800
- Holy Rosary Healthcare, Miles City, Montana – call 406-233-2604 or email email@example.com, or complete a Volunteer Application
- Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, Colorado – call 303-425-2142 or complete a Volunteer Application
- Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton, Colorado – call 303-498-1580 or complete an Adult Volunteer Application or Junior Volunteer Application
- Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, Colorado – call 303-812-3471 or complete a Volunteer Application
- St. Mary’s Medical Center, Grand Junction, Colorado – call 970-298-2012 or complete a Volunteer Application
- St. James Healthcare, Butte, Montana – call 406-723-2787 or complete a Volunteer Application
- St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, Montana – call 406-237-3377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete an Adult Volunteer Application or Student Volunteer Application